Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How did Thanksgiving go?

I just started and already I'm behind. I've been hesitating because uploading pictures takes time to do and I can just sit down and work on it in between teaching my son.

Thanksgiving went well. My mom surprised me. I've know most of my life that my mom's goal has been to get married early (well that might not have been the plan but hey when you find the love of your life you go for it right.) have her kids and then she and Dad could enjoy their retirement. So now they are flying ultra lights, going out to eat almost daily, calls a maid when she doesn't want to clean and works at a stain glass studio when she feels like it. So imagine my surprise when she busts open my OLD singer sewing machine to hem some curtains and toppers for my windows. We went down to Walmart and bought curtains. However I have french doors that needed some sheers with a pocket top and bottom. Also they didn't have toppers to match for the kitchen. So mom just makes some. She tried really hard not to curse at the machine. She said it was skipping stitches. I've never heard of such a thing. On top of that she cut the wrong part of the fabric twice but manage to salvage the situation the second time. She just made a pocket and sewed it on. Way to go Mom.
My sister and her family came also. All I had to do for my sister to be very happy was take her to the Shoe store by Walmart. It has several pair of wide size shoes and she was extatic. She's a teacher so standing in shoes that pinch, blister and sufficate her feet because that is all she can find is frustrating. We made my brother-in-law happy by giving him a monitor to hook up to a laptop who's monitor went on the fritz. (Don't ask how!) It was just a box sitting in my room waiting for me to find it a storage home. Now I don't have too, yea!

The kids did get into a little altercation. My son kicked hers in the uncomfortable place. At first I sicked my husband on his rear. After hearing that he did it because he thought they were going to hurt his brother we took the punishment down a notch. He was on the verge of really bad times. His cousins like to tease but I guess they'll have to learn when enough is enough.

How was the food? Every thing came out well even if a bit late. I ran of on a romp in the woods for a bit and should have put the bird in first. Oh well. We found an old Halloween set up complete with a graveyard. We were going to dig into one but were afraid of what we would have found. Also I saw were the dirt for my yard must have come. There was an area that was being stripped for something with all the tractors sitting around. Plus a very large cat like thing that has yet to be identified.
Well that should do it for now.

2 comments:

kdlinpr said...

Hey there. Glad to see you blogging. That's a good way for everyone to share life with you. I haven't updated mine for a bit, since we've only been home from Cali for 9 days. I always checked my e-mail and blog sites at our family/friends homes but never added new blogs or re-designed my pages for Christmas. I am finishing up Christmas decorations today and am hoping to have the tree up with lights on by tonight. Anyway, sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. If you go to my ning network later this week, you'll prob. be able to catch up with my blog updates. Anyway, that's it for now. Good to see you online.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen

Sounds like you guys had a great holiday. John had double hernia surgery so similar to the past two Thanksgivings, we had someone in recovery. At least no one broke their foot this time. But anyway, John is recovering just fine. We did the dual family day as always but had a great time. If you can, post pics of your new house- I would love to see it :) Take Care, Love you, Joy